Macrame Plant Hanger Workshop
Unleash your creativity. Learn a new craft or refresh your skills and memories of making macrame.
Workshops are held over 1 day (approx 3-4 hrs) and classes are small - only 4-5 students so everyone gets one-on-one tuition and there's plenty of space to stretch your creative wings!
$115 covers all materials and refreshments
When: Saturday TBA July 2019 // Upper Orara 10am - 1pm
Contact me with a few dates that might suit you best. If I have enough students ready to book before the end of June the date that suits the most students will go ahead.
Where: Ginger Kelly Studio, South Island Loop Rd, Upper Orara NSW
What you will learn
How to create a boho inspired plant pot hanger (with a terracotta pot supplied)
Lauren will guide you through the basic knots used in macrame, the practice of knotting and how to design your creations to suit different sizes and shapes of plant/planter to create a unique macrame plant hanger of your own.
After this workshop you will be able to make macrame plant hangers and will have an understanding of how to begin creating other macrame projects such as wall hangings, table runners, macrame wedding arches, wearable jewellery... and many more things limited only by your imagination!
What you will get
- Skilled tuition from Lauren
- The skills and creative confidence to create your own plant hangers
- Enough cotton rope to make a large plant hanger in a range of styles. Cotton rope & cotton string used in this class are ethically made in Australia from Australian grown cotton fiber.
- A fun day spent with like minded creative people
- A delicious morning tea with many tasty treats and refreshments on offer
You will have the opportunity to purchase additional macrame supplies if you wish to take home more cotton rope on the day to continue your making.
- Just your enthusiasm!
- You are welcome to bring along a potted plant or ceramic pot of your own if you wish to create a plant hanger to suit it. This pot should be no wider or taller than 25cm
Casual - if the weather is nice we might be out in the garden so consider bringing a hat too
Please get in touch if you have any questions not covered here.
Please note: Workshops are non refundable, in the event that you are unable to attend, feel free to send along a lucky someone in your place.
Limited spaces available to ensure everyone gets plenty of help and guidance to begin their creative journey into macrame!
***At checkout please choose 'Local Pickup - Coffs Harbour' as the shipping option so you don't pay an additional shipping fee!
I will contact you via email within 24hrs of checkout to confirm the details of your workshop booking.