Macrame Wall Hanging Workshop
Unleash your creativity. Learn a new craft or refresh your skills and memories of making macrame.
$145 covers all materials and refreshments
When: Sunday March 15th** 2020 // Upper Orara 10am - 2pm
**Contact me with a few dates that might suit you best. If I have enough students ready to book before the end of June the date that suits the most students will go ahead.
Where: Ginger Kelly Studio, South Island Loop Rd, Upper Orara NSW
What you will learn
How to create a boho inspired wall hanging.
Lauren will guide you through the basic knots used in macrame, measuring and cutting rope, the practice of knotting and how to design your knots into patterns to create a unique macrame wall hanging of your own.
After this workshop you will be able to make macrame plant hangers and will have an understanding of how to begin creating other macrame projects such as plant hangers, table runners, macrame wedding arches, wearable jewellery... and many more things limited only by your imagination!
What you will get
- Skilled tuition from Lauren
- The skills and creative confidence to create your own macrame projects
- Enough cotton rope to make a wall hanging approx 30cm wide and up to 100cm long in a range of styles. Cotton rope & cotton string used in this class are ethically made from 100% recycled cotton fiber.
- A fun day spent with like minded creative people
- A delicious morning tea with many tasty treats and refreshments on offer
* You will have the opportunity to order more rope supplies & other macrame tools on the day if you would like to continue to create projects at home.
- Just your enthusiasm!
- You are welcome to bring along a timber dowel, branch or piece of driftwood of your own if you wish to create a wall hanging to suit it. This dowel should be no wider than 45cm
Something comfortable - if the weather is nice we might be out in the garden so consider bringing a hat too
Please get in touch if you have any questions not covered here.
Please note: Workshops are non refundable, in the event that you are unable to attend, feel free to send along a lucky someone in your place.
Limited spaces available to ensure everyone gets plenty of help and guidance to begin their creative journey into macrame!
***At checkout please choose 'Local Pickup - Coffs Harbour' as the shipping option so you don't pay an additional shipping fee!
I will contact you via email within 24hrs of checkout to confirm the details of your workshop booking.
I am encouraging locals to choose a date, gather a group of friends who would love to do this workshop together, then contact me so this booking can be arranged.
For a group of 5, there is a discount of $30 per person.
You will need to arrange the booking and pay for the workshop 2 weeks ahead of the workshop date so I have time to organize the class and supplies required.
Thankyou, I look forward to hearing from you!